Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hogle Zoo....way better than when I was a kid!

So every summer we head to the zoo in SLC, and we are never disappointed. Now when I was a kid the zoo just sucked!  It really did, the animals looked dead or sick and I think the cages got cleaned like once a month, so you can imagine the stench.  But thanks to the ZAP tax and some grant money the Hogle Zoo is great.  We made this summer's trip when Ben was in town and we just had a great day!  The weather was chilli for us still getting use to the lack of humidity and sunshine, but the animals were out and playing.  Not one animal looked like it was suffering from malnutrition or heat exhaustion.  The lion drinking fountian is iconic.  I believe that every child raised in Utah, since 1965, probably has the same pose with their heads in the mouth of the lion, right? And the monkey faces are all mine... those animals belong to me:)

No comments: