Friday, September 17, 2010

End of Summer Stuff

Here are Bronsen and Kalli each on their first days of school.  They both were just so excited to go.  Especially Bronsen, he has just been home with me for the last three years and I didn't do any type of formal  pre-school with him. 
So when we got here in June I applied for Head Start, which is free, and we got in!  So they give each student a test before entering just to see where they are cognitively and Bronsen blew both teachers and the test lady away!  They said that they had never seen a student score so high on any of these test before!  So I guess not having formal pre-school didn't hurt him one bit.  He is loving school and I am loving it too!!!
Kalli is enjoying her school, especially recess :)  Now I was concerned about her reading and spelling in English since she learned to read and spell in Spanish, but she is exactly where she is supposed to be and had straight A's in 2nd grade.  She also goes to Spanish school twice a week to keep up and improve her Spanish.  She does awesome there and it still blows my mind that she can speak two languages at 7! 
For Kalli's b-day we went to the Utah State Fair.  I love going ever since I won my third place ribbon in the pie eating contest (Ben is so proud).  But the kids loved it and we let them go on the bouncing thing and they had a blast.  My dad (pictures above) and mom insisted since I was 8.5 months pregnant that I rent a motor scooter, but the rental place was out so they rented me an electric wheel chair thing.  It was pretty funny and I let both the kids take turns driving it.  We only crashed into a few people...and I don't think Kalli was totally mortified with embarrassment.
These pictures were taken of me at 36 (left) and 38 weeks (right) and are for Julia.:)  They are only about  2 months late...
Happy Birthday Kalli!! This year we had Kalli's party at the Living Planet Aquarium.  It was really cool and I recommend going to anyone that is in the SLC area.  We invited friends from church and school, cousins, and PR friends too.  I am glad that I had the adult help there so that the kids could see all they wanted too.  I forgot the lighter so we just pretended to blow out the candles, but other than that it went great!

1 comment:

The Reed Family said...

hooray!!!!! I don't even care that they came after the baby was born!!! you didn't even look pregnant when I left and the next thing I knew you had a baby! You looked great!! Thanks you!!! :)