Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Back in the USA

It has been so nice to be back on the main land, even if we have to do most of it with out Ben.  He is doing rotations all over the US.  This means he moved around every 4 weeks.  It is tough, but we have tried to stay busy.  In June he was in PR, July he was in Orlando and then back in PR for August. We decided to stay busy with nice weather and fun activites. So the summer was filled with wonderful new things.  Like swim lessons (both kids), sports camp (Kalli), T-ball (B), parades (4th and 24th of July and the Pioneer Day Children's Parade), festivals, carnivals, free movies at the park, museums, plays and cousins!  
Here are all of my parents grand kids.  They range from 14 to 2.  It was fun to have all the kids here for a few days.  It makes me wish I had a 14 year old to cook and clean and babysit.  Some day right?

All the cousins went to This Is the Place Heritage Park where they have an authentic pioneer village, with villagers and activities.  We got a shave and a hair cut, did some laundry and ironing, and plowed the fields.  We also attended school where Kalli was almost "paddled" for talking out of turn.  We also printed a page of the newpaper on the printing press and competed in a sack race, in which Larah won! I am so glad I am not a pioneer, I can't even get my laundry done with electicity and running water.... however, I did line dry my clothes for 3 years:)

1 comment:

The Reed Family said...

ahh the line dry! I actually am a little worried to go back to a dryer...i think all my clothes will shrink! Hooray for new posts!! where's the baby!! :)