We are going to Louisiana!!!! Ben matched at LSU and we are headed to Shreveport, Louisiana the middle of June!! We are so excited! Ben will be an anesthesiology resident, I will appreciate southern hospitality and my kids will learn to love shrimp! And we will live ne
ar the Boggy Bayou, the Black or Red Bayou, or whatever bayou we so desire. Ands we will be warm!!! No more snow for 4 years!!!Shreveport is on the banks of the Red River. There is a Board Walk with nightly light shows, casinos (which keep the property tax down), parks, shopping, street festivals, rose parks, lakes, rivers, fishing, year round golfing, camping, hunting, swimming pools, and the church!! We are planning on a house hunting trip and the end of next month. Ben was only in Shreveport for a day so it will be fun to go and check it out properly. The kids are excited to play outside year round a pick up an accent. Bronsen is most excited about seeing an armadillo! But we are so blessed to be able to match with a residency program where Ben will get real one on one training and be able to do what he has wanted to do for so long.


7 comments:
That is awesome!!! Congratulations! We are totally going to come down and visit you guys. Anesthesiology is a great field. My brother-in-law went into that and they are loving life. You guys are going to have the best time and good luck with the house hunting :)
girl! how did your surgery go? i've been thinkin about ya. I am so excited your going to Louisiana! We lived an hour south of Shreveport in a town called, Natchitoches.. love it! you need to go to Natchitoches around Christmas time, they have this huge thing called "christmas festival". Anyway, I love the south, the hospitality, gumbo, red beans and rice, jymbolia, and the cute accents we picked up when we left.. (now we lost them). I have a huge place in my heart for Louisiana. I know some people who live in Shreveport. If you need any help finding places I can chat with them- some of the areas can be ghetto so you don't wanna live there cuz then the schools aren't good. I can ask my friend who is a teacher there what schools are the best. Anyway, so excited for ya! The hospitals are great there too.
i bet you will love it! Can't wait to hear about it and see some pictures of your new home!
So exciting! I will miss you all but am excited to come visit.
Wow! Sounds amazing. So glad that you are going to be feeling settled soon!
Hey, it's been awhile. I got to your blog through Stacy's. My husband & I are on trip to Puerto Rico, so I was trying to figure out what we should do while we are here. I'm glad you posted about the things ya'll did when you were there.
It's fun to see your cute little family. How exciting to be in the South. We just moved back from Georgia. We had friends that moved to Louisiana to work for the coast guard. Let me know if you need some resources...or just some cool people to make your friends.
Thanks for letting me stalk...
Kambree (peterson)
I'm so excited for you! You can finally get on with your life. That is so awesome Brianna. How is your tumor condition by the way? I hope they were able to find the cause. Keep us informed. Good luck with the house hunting as well.
Post a Comment