Sunday, March 27, 2011

Our Trip to Puerto Rico


Last month I was able to spend 5 days in PR with Ben and Finn.  The weather was so so perfect! It was so nice to be back in the sun and the surf.  I really have missed so many things about PR.  Ben was so good about doing everything I wanted to do.  He was trying to make up for the last 9 months that I have been a single mom most of the time.  He held the baby the for both plane rides and I don't think I changed a diaper all week! So we hit the beaches, Luquillo and Cerro Gordo were both perfect.  But I think Finn would disagree... He liked sitting on the blanket, but we hated the sand and the water!!! 
We went to my favorite part of the island, Rincon, and watched some surfers and looked for whales. And this guys kept us company...
 So while we were living in PR one thing we never did was go whale watching. They migrate past the west part of the island in February and March  and we never had a good break then to go. I always complained about it and so Ben finally made a point to take me.  You look for them in the morning at the Rincon light house.  So we were waiting for about 20 minutes at we see this big slash!  We looked where it came from and a humpback whale jumped out of the water!! (The picture above is where er saw him).  It was so amazing! So for about 5 minutes we saw sprays from them , about 3 whales, surfacing to breathe.  Then they were gone.  We waited another 30-40 minutes for more whales, but were skunked. We were the only people at the light house then, so I like to think that that one whale jumped just for me:) It really finished off the list of amazing things we did in PR.
When we were at luquillo they had the PR flag for visitors to sign so we put are names on it. We also went to the Ventana Caves.  This was a really easy hike and it was awesome, beside the bats. 
 This is Ben and Finn walking on the trail to the cave.  Poor Finn even in the shade, with a hat, he had to squint.  He didn't know what to do with all that sunshine ;)

 This is the end of the cave.  It drops off a shear cliff and looks on this beautiful valley and river.  It was so pretty.  More like a painting really...

Us at the end of the cave.  The baby could finally see in the pitch black cave, so he was happy.  It was cold, wet and dark... more like Utah is guess.

As part of the trip I also went to dinner with some beautiful friends, but forgot the camera that night, so if any of you took a picture that night I would love a copy to put below... :)

It was a great trip overall and I am so looking forward to coming back for graduation in June!!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Looks like you a great time! So jealous. Not sure if Finn loved it. His cute little face tells it all. Be there in June too!! Yahoo!

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

What a fun trip! Your little guy is so cute!