Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Kindergarten Graduate

Kalli's graduation was really fun. She had a poem memorized that she had to recite all by herself, a dance to perform and her diploma to receive. The Puerto Ricans made such a big deal about kindergarten graduation that you would think that these kids were winning a Nobel Peace Prize. But it was really nice to have her Aunt Mindy there and Ben was able to come back from Pittsburgh for the day. (Thank heavens for flight benefits!) The best part of the pomp was when Kalli took the microphone and said,"I need everyone in silence." She wanted to make sure that EVERYONE was listening. We thought that her precociousness had reached a maximum, but learned after that her teacher told her to say it. At the end of her poem she received the loudest applause. They were impressed with her English;) This year of school has been one of trials and triumphs for Kalli and her Spanish is coming along great and she is looking forward to first grade. We are so proud of her!




2 comments:

Sheila Jacobs said...

Congratulations Kalli, Babe !

I loved seeing you in your cap and gown. Brianna and Ben, it will be just a few years from now that it'll be HIGH SCHOOL Graduation...so enjoy every crazy, frustrating, exciting, scarey, wonderful, exhausting minute !

You guys are such a grea family !
We love you so much.

Sheila Jacobs said...

Okay, so I left of the T in GREAT !that's what I get for hitting the enter key BEFORE I proof read my post ! ! ! ! ! !

By the Way

WE MISS YOU ALREADY AND I'M NOT EVEN SURE IF YOU'RE ACTUALLY BACK IN PR YET ! ! !