Friday, March 6, 2009

The lesson I learned about BOY TOYS!!!

Imagine searching for the bathroom with eyes half open at 3:00 in the morning when, "OUCH, son of a gun!" Embedded in your foot...a Lego Storm Trooper. As you remove the square piece of tiny plastic from under your skin you attempt to rest your hand on the sink when it slips off the sink because Optimus Prime is guarding the sink at night to make sure no cavities crawl back up the drain. You decide that going to the bathroom is over rated, you give up and proceed back to bed where you crawl under the covers and lay right on top of a 5 inch long metal 747 Jet Blue airplane. You push the plane off the bed and finally drift off back to sleep. The next thing you know it is morning and you are getting poked in the head with a green light saber and being told that you are Joba the Hut. You then spend the next 9 hours racing cars, derailing trains, transforming robots, saving a galaxy far far away, picking up all 600 Legos, knocking down block towers, fixing 18 snacks and issuing 78 reminders to keep your hands to themselves. Just as you begin to think that you can't do it anymore, a dimpled dirty face turns to you, sticky hands are placed in your un-brushed hair and bright eyes look deep into your tired ones and you hear him say, "Mommy you're beautiful! I love you!" What Storm Trooper? Whose transformer? How many pieces? Where did my frustration go? Why? That is the only question that matters now is Why? Why do we, as mothers, do what we do everyday? We do it because we love our boys. We love them for their energy. We love them for their fearlessness. We love them because they remind us of their daddy. We love them because we see the grown up boys they are becoming and the loyal men we hope they will be. We love them because it is impossible to stop. Thank heaven for little boys, and their toys!

13 comments:

Emily said...

Um yeah, you hit the nail on the head! They are little balls of energy, those boys, but I agree with you that I wouldn't have it any other way.
Why is it that they love toys with pointy sharp edges the most? Come on, play with a cuddly soft bear for once!

mardymeans said...

I love my boys and their toys too!! You really can't help but love them, despite their craziness!! I love the way you wrote that little monologue, it was really sweet and funny!

The Reed Family said...

That was like taking the words out of my mouth. If only I could articulate it that way!

Katie said...

LOL, I loved this post. I could say the same thing about girls and all the girly toys I'm constantly tripping over. Can I tell you how much I HATE Dora right now? LOL...Motherhood is the BEST!

Matthew and Rosalia said...

I hope to have one (or several) of my own some day. I really want my first to be a boy, we'll just have to wait and see when the time comes.

Matthew and Rosalia said...

BTW, I love your Say What??? post on the right, so funny.

It reminds me of that show "Kids Say the Darndest Things"

Emily said...

Brianna, I miss you girl! It was so fun talking to you for a short time the other day. I just got back in town, so I am ready for a long chat. Just so you know, you are such a great mom with so much energy! Your kids are so lucky.

Sheila Jacobs said...

Brianna, I left a comment three days ago and it's not posted. did you reject it? Hooowwwwwww....ruuuuuuudddeee! :)

Anonymous said...

You have your hands full with your boy and his toys, huh? I love your post and I love my boys too. They do bring you happiness everyday. Matthew melts my heart every time he smiles and blows me kisses! Your Bronsen is full of energy and for that we got to thank our Father in Heaven, better than carrying some illness that keeps them away from running and jumping and screaming, right?

Thurston Fam said...

I am sure I'll figure out all about boy toys soon! :0 boys seem so sweet!

Matthew and Rosalia said...

Hey, check out my blog, I'm selling a few things. Just in case you see something you like.

Haha, love the music. Makes me feel like I'm in Scotland or Ireland.

Anonymous said...

Randy Travis? I love it! When did you add that song to your blog? I really had to listen for a while before it came on! What a blast from the past!

Jackie said...

Oh, How sweet! I do love my little wild man! And the post about swinging in PR. I love it! I had no idea that was a possibility, only in PR baby! Ok so I am intrigued by the pumpies. Do you think that would help in spin class? Is that what all the other chicka's are wearing. I had no idea, I need to get out to Pitusa more often!