Thursday, August 11, 2011

TEXOMA!!

 So a VERY awesome thing about living in the Shreveport area is that we are about 2.5 hours away from Dallas, Texas.  We have some friends from Puerto Rico, the Jackmans, that live a little north of Dallas.  So last month Ben got his first week off (yeah, he worked for two weeks and then they scheduled his vacation.  LSU gets to decide when he takes his vacations.) So we decided to go see our friends. They have this boat that is....let's just say "well used" and when Kalli saw it she said, "This is the worst boat I have ever seen!" But we didn't mind.  We were just thrilled to be getting away from the record heat they have had down here.  So we piled into to the boat and put the kids on the tube and off we went.  Then off went the kids!  Splash! Bronsen came up panicked.  I think he thought there was a lake monster that was going to eat him.  But Katie, their oldest girl, was fine and Kalli was ready to try again too.  So the girls got back on and B. got in the boat.  We spent that evening and the next morning on the lake (called TEXOMA because it is half in Texas and half in....you guessed it... Oklahoma) and had a blast.  And Kalli changed her mind about the boat.  After a good ride on the tube she said, "Okay, this is NOT the worst boat I have ever seen." 
Bronsen did manage to get back on the tube, with Ben, but still prefered the "tall chair".  Finn was so good and Taylor, the Jackman's little girl didn't mind letter her mommy hold him.  The kids fed the ducks at the dock and then we went for ice cream at Braums.  It was so good!!! But a huge thanks to the Jackmans for being such great hosts and such wonderful friends. 

3 comments:

Melissa said...

So fun that you live close to the Jackmans! I loved your post about hiking El Yunque one last time. Very well said, and I am so glad you all came out stronger on the other side of the PR experience. Good luck in Louisiana!

Sheila Jacobs said...

Hey, All ya'll...... so glad to see some awesome photos.. I checked your blog yesterday and THIS was not there. I didn't know you could put a different date on your header... I'll have to check mine and see if I'm as smart as your are. :P
Oh, that smiley baby! We miss ya'll!

Emily said...

We're so glad that you guys could come out and that you're close enough to come visit. That boat is awesome isn't it :)