Monday, August 1, 2011

Headed Down South


So this is us headed to Louisiana.  On Thursday morning we went to Cortanie's and Ryan's sealing, packed the car in the afternoon, attended the reception that evening and then we left from Salt Lake, and the reception, a little bit before 10 pm and drove for about 3 hours to Green River, Utah.  We crashed there for the night and woke up and drove all day through New Mexico and into Texas.  We spent the night in Amarillo, TX and drove all the next day through TX and pulled into Shreveport, Louisiana about 4 pm on Saturday evening.  It was a long two days but we had to beat the moving truck.  They were coming on Sunday morning and we also wanted to go to church to meet some people to hang out with our first week.  But the kids were awesome on the drive and the bay was golden.  I was the one that had to take the most potty breaks and I was definitely the one who complained  the most.:)  The kids only complained about being in TX for like 9 hours.  They just couldn't believe that it was so big!  I told them EVERYTHING is bigger in Texas.  Our sweet mini-van ran great and there were no real catastrophes, which is surprising for us.  It was fun to start our new life driving there together. But we are glad to be here and SO SO excited to be starting this new life.

1 comment:

Sheila Jacobs said...

Having made that LONG LONG Drive Through Texas..... (I'm sure that's the name of a Country Song)....I can totally relate to the whining!..

Who took the Louisiana photo?