Two years agao I had a tumor removed from my nose. It had caused my nose to bleed at least twice a week for almost 10 months. It was getting worse (a nose bleed everyday) when I finally made it to the doctor. The day of my doctors appointment the surgery was scheduled and after months of nose bleeds I did not have another after that day. iI like to look at it as one of the Lord's tender mercies . He made it bother me just enough so that I would HAVE to take care of it. And I am very glad he did because the tumor ended up being cancerous. So I had another surgery to make sure they got all the margins and the pathology on the 2nd sample came back clear. Yeah!
So here I am with another lump and another scheduled surgery. The tumor is back. I will have two surgeries done again, but the first one is to just biopsy it to see if it is cancerous and if it is then we try to figure out what is causing it, rewmove it and try to avoid it again in the future. I am not sure if that would be chemo or ratiation or other drugs, but we will come to that road when we get to it I guess.
Now here is the fun part... the day of my surgery is Match Day for residency! Ben needs to be in PR that Monday- Wednesday to be there if he needs to scramble for residency. I have to have it done that day because it is the next availible day and it has to get done ASAP, especially if the tumor is the aggressive cancerous kind. So, what is going on with my life? I have never liked the month of March, it always has brought me bad news and terrible luck. I am hoping that this March can redeem its self!
5 comments:
I'm so sorry! I hope you end up getting good news, good luck!
Brianna, I am so sorry to hear this. You are in our prayers. keep us posted on what the low down is. and that sucks that Ben has to be here when you have your surgery! I am so sorry. we are thinking of you; everything will workout. xoxoxo
Oh my gosh! Why do the craziest things happen to you? We'll be saying lots of prayers that it turns out to be nothing and that surgery goes well. Good luck to Ben on match day! Wow...
I am glad Ben is actually going to be able to be there with you! I am so sorry you have to endure this again! I will be thinking of you and praying for the best possible outcome for this and for the match!
Looks like March still isn't your month, I know there is a pot of gold under the rainbow, that's after the storm of course. YOu in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment