Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Some Lasts of Puerto Rico for Us

Kalli's last day of school was feild day!  Like all of us kids this was the day that was looked forward to all year.  She was very exctied because they were the blue team, her favorite color, and they were the Yankees, Ben's favorite team.  I thought that was fitting since she is the only Americana in her school.  She ran races and even won a ribbon.  I am looking forward to FREE public school in the fall, but I really have enjyoyed the experince she has had here to learn Spanish and make new friends.
My wonderful, beautiful and amazing friends threw a double baby shower for me and my friend Jojo since we are both having babies in the fall and moving to the states. It was a great party and the food was great.  It seems so surreal to be having a baby..

These are some pictures of our 'Little Puerto Rican House."  It was so unreal to shut the door to this place for the last time. The heat and humitity helped ease the pain of leaving ;), but it was bitter sweat, I mean sweet.  I was home and I was greatful for the blessing that it was to have such a great place and land lord. Magi (below).

 We have been asked so may times how we found this place and we always tell people, "fasting, prayer and a lot of tears."  We really happened on it and we never regreted the choice.  The kitchen was as hot as the devils throne room in the summer and we had a pantry full of ants each fall, no hot water in the house, no dryer, no glass in the windows and had the most fashionalbe furnishings around.  But it was our home.  We filled it wtith memories, like the lizard on Ben's back, Kalli face planting it off the couch, running out of propane in the middle of a meal, making homemade screens, or painting EVERY wall in the house, more than once. The kids miss there room and Bronsen still doesnt understand that we are not going back to this house.  I sometimes can't believe it myself. I truely will never forget our PR house.

6 comments:

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

We miss you! Can't wait to see more. Hope you are feeling well!

Thurston Fam said...

aww! what sweet, fun, crazy memories! How are you feeling? show some pics of your baby belly!! How are the kids doing in school?

The Reed Family said...

hooray your blog is back! :)

Emily said...

Oh yea! I was wondering if your blog was lost forever.

Matthew and Rosalia said...

Glad your blog is back, mine has always been there, but too lazy to post, I finally got some pictures of our new little baby Uzziah.

Matthew and Rosalia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.