The Tender Mercies of the Lord
This was the featured video from Elder Bednar on the church's website. I flet like it was fitting to post it and share it with you. I also read this quote from Apostle Orson F. Whitney (1855–1931) of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, featured in an Ensign article for March. where he explained: “No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude and humility. All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God … and it is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we come here to acquire.”
8 comments:
I am so sorry about all that you guys have gone through! Sheldon has filled me in and it sounds like it sucks! I'm excited to see you and hope your knee and everything else gets better soon!
Hang in there, it will get better. We are praying for you guys!
Ben, Brianna, and "babies".
With all you have experienced in PR you will STILL be able to look back on these days as some of the best of your lives!
The Tender Mercies have indeed been poured out upon you.
When Stacy and Sheldon were going through their hard times, YOU were there for them! Now others (including Stacy and Sheldon) are there for you. Those friends you have made there, both past and present will influence you all for the rest of your days.
I firmly believe that the Lord places people in our lives who make our lives better. Some by providing service to us, and others to whom we can serve.
We pray for your speedy recovery Bri, and for Ben to have the stamina he needs to finish the school year :)
We love you guys!
Mom
I can't believe that Jeep story. Before I read that I was looking at your winter break pictures and I was missing puerto rico. But when I came across that story I immediately changed my mind. What a headache. We miss you guys.
Oooh, I'm excited. I'll keep you posted.
I hope things are getting better. Tell Kalli and B we said hello, I hope they still remember us.
love these quotes! thanks
Thank you for sharing that quote. You may have posted it 2 months ago but I needed to read now.
Post a Comment