So I usually keep my front door open because we don't have a/c in our house. I have a screen door that helps keep out the misquitos and this particular day it kept out a bigger pest! I was sitting in my kitchen chair texting Ben when I looked up and this 3.5 foot long (from head to tail) iguana was siting on my welcome mat looking in at me. I jumped up and screamed and ran to the door to shut it. The iguana ran away and towards the end of my porch. I slammed the door and looked out the window. It was at the end of my porch with no place to go, since I am on the second level, and it was just staring at me. These lizards are big and don't scare easily and I am a little afraid of them. So my neighbor saw me and the iguana and came over to try to scare it away. By this point Bronsen came into the kitchen and did not want to try to sneak past the lizard to go pick Kalli up from school. But we really had to go...
I had no idea how we were going to leave the house with this guy (above) now under the kids' picnic table facing us and looking at me with his scaley yellow eye. The first neighbor had called a second neighbor who by the time he got up to my porch with a broom the iguana was gone. I had looked away for 10 seconds to answer my phone and looked on the porch and the iguana was no where to be found! B. said he saw it run away but that would mean it would have had to jump off my 2nd story porch and run across the street! But the 2nd neighbor came up and did a full sweep and gave us the okay to pick up Kalli.
This is our "iguana tree" in the field right next to our house. I believe this is where our visitor came from. How many iguanas do you see?Needless to say that this could only happen in PR!!!
5 comments:
Ha ha ha, I love that this happened to you. I remember you telling me about the one on your back porch when you were doing laundry. Love the pictures from your temple trip. Sounds and looks amazing. I'm so jealous!
I love that Emily loves that this happened to you! :) mice, iguanas, lizards, ants, cockroaches you see it all in PR!!
I Love the new look on your blog! The background is great and your new family photo is sooooooo cute!
Who needs a Christmas Tree when you have an "Iguana Tree", right?
We are glad you had a super Christmas and that everything arrived in good condition! Send us photos of your Holiday.
love you guys
Ha ha! I love that I was talking to you during this crisis! Only in PR! I am glad that you and Bronson both made it out alive! Hope you had a good Christmas. We missed you this year!
I'm so glad I didn't have to go through that living in the heart of the city. I never once saw iguanas around our apartment complex. It cracks me up how they just chill on trees.
Yeah, the bus has been so fun. I've always wanted one too, I had a bunch of kids in my high school that had them. It's our fun car.
Yes, Matthew passed all his tests! and is now working at a place near by...only 7 min away, we are so excited for him. He finally feels accomplished. He only took his test in Illinois, but we aren't moving there. We're staying here in California, so anytime you feel like coming down you are more than welcome to stay with us.
Tell Kalli and Bronsen we said hello, Matthew and I always remember them, they are the most awesomest kids. And wish your husband good luck. Take care Brianna.
Post a Comment