Friday, May 22, 2009

I Just Don't Get Facebook...

So many of you know now that I am not a big facebook fan. I think the idea that people need to know what you are doing right at that very moment is stalkerish... "Brianna has just woken up from a sound sleep, has eaten breakfast and will be eating lunch and eventually be going to the bathroom 3 times today." Who isn't doing this and what is with the third person narration? I just don't get it. I know many of my fellow bloggers also have facebook, so explain the intrigue to me. This YouTube video is hilarious. I just love British humor, but watch some of the British language. This might be PG or PG-13 depending on your own rating system. I laughed out loud. Thanks for the video Hill and the great discussion Lisa! Just click the blog title to watch the video...

6 comments:

Emily said...

Yeah, that's pretty sweet!
I have a friend who calls it "crackbook". I agree, although I recently made contact with a couple of good friends recently, one good reason to tolerate facebook.

The Reed Family said...

I would agree...I'm all about sending a message and I post here and there like for instance that I am excited to go home and visit. But the minute by minute play by play is weird. I just told jim that the other day. What I think is even more lame is sending 'drinks' to people. Have you seen that?

Emily said...

That video is so funny! Chris and I watched it together. I don't get the facebook thing either. To each their own I guess...

Katie said...

I agree, I like blogging better. The only reason I do facebook is because it has been a way to find really old friends from childhood and stuff. More people facebook so its how I stay in touch with friends that don't blog.

Matthew and Rosalia said...

Hahaha, I've seen that video before and I thought it was hilarious. I can't stand all the weird features on facebook. I've only kept my account because I have friends on there that I want to keep in contact with. I always ignore all of those weird things that people send me (poke?...what in the world? and drinks, or a gift in an egg? awkward to say the least) Blogging kicks butt compared to facebook.

prRiggs said...

Hey Brianna,
How's the summer going? I had to get on here to see what you all are doing...but I'm not finding much. I do love your kid quotes, though! (especially the "skin products" and "bumpy cheeks") Hope all is well